Mission Oaks Recreation and Park District
Mission Oaks Recreation & Park District is hiring for an RECREATION COORDINATOR position. Click Here for additional information and to see about submitting applications and resumes.
SALARY RANGE: $16.40 - $19.93 Hourly
APPLICATIONS DUE: We are accepting applications until Monday, February 24, 2020 at 5pm.
Recreation Coordinator works under the general direction of the Superintendent of Recreation and one or more Recreation Supervisors, though are expected to work effectively under minimal supervision. Works within a framework of standard District policies and procedures. This position may supervise and evaluate the work of non-exempt part-time and seasonal staff, contract instructors, and volunteers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Assist with the planning and implementation of assigned recreation programs, services and events to meet the needs of the community.
• Coordinate and supervise the functions and activities of assigned recreation programs.
• Assist with the recruitment, selection, training, supervision and evaluation of staff.
• Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions and potential consequences and take appropriate corrective action.
• Interpret and explain District and program policies, rules and procedures.
• Effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
• Research and develop effective marketing materials and a variety of program schedules and administrative materials.
• Establish and maintain a variety of administrative records, files and reports.
• Effectively operate a personal computer and other standard office equipment.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted during the performance of work duties and responsibilities.
• Perform essential duties of job without causing harm to self or others.
Hayward Area Recreation and Park District
Hayward Area Recreation & Park District is hiring for an ACCOUNTANT position. Click Here for additional information and to see about submitting applications and resumes.
SALARY RANGE: $6,615 - $8,041.00 Monthly
APPLICATIONS DUE: We are accepting applications until Monday, February 19, 2020 at 5pm.
The Accountant is under general supervision, performs complex professional accounting work in reviewing and maintaining District fiscal records; examines, analyzes, and verifies financial data and records; prepares statistical and financial reports; consults and advises staff on purchasing guidelines; and performs related work as required .
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Analyze accounting and financial data generated by a computer-based finance system.
· Prepare and maintain clear, accurate, and concise statistical, accounting, and financial records and reports.
· Learn and effectively apply District policies, procedures and practices.
· Research and analyze fiscal and statistical data; utilize problem solving and decision-making skills; and verify accuracy of financial data and information.
· Analyze and prepare clear, accurate, concise and often technical reports, specifications, Reports for Quotes, Requests for Proposal, correspondence, and written materials.
· Analyze and evaluate price proposals, financial reports and other information to determine reasonable prices.
· Interpret federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to purchasing.
· Evaluate and monitor contracts to be sure vendors and supplies comply with terms and conditions of contract.
· Communicate in English effectively in both oral and written form; and maintain accurate records; prepare clear, concise reports.
· Utilize computer systems and software applications including automated financial systems.
· Ability to make accurate arithmetical calculations and operate an electronic calculator by touch.
· Ability to carry out oral and written instructions.
· Ability to effectively utilize computer applications and technology related to the work.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties.
· Maintain confidentiality of information.
· Work independently and set priorities.